Here are the notes from the last meeting and recent developments
1) Gay Pride Parade – Check out the coverage of the Gay Pride Parade:
The Legion was well represented. Check out Donald Bruneau in this video:
I can sense the Spirit moving on this issue. Anyone who is interested in discussing a way forward in response to next year’s parade should contact me.
2) Bible Study Sep.12, Oct.10, Nov.14, Dec.12 (6:30-8:30) – 12 guys are now registered. Someone expressed their interest on Saturday but I lost my paper. Who was it?
3) Band of Christian Brothers Manifesto – Tony L. to offer amendments to send to David G.
4) Metcalfe Fair http://www.metcalfefair.com/ – October 1-4 – Fr. Anthony does Evangelization at the Fair each year. I think this would be a good opportunity for us to get some boots on the ground here with hopes of building a presence in years to come. If anyone is interested, let me know.
5) 40 Days for Life – 40 Days for Life starts up near the end of September. The Legionnaires will be taking a full day. I hope many of you will participate. Pick an hour of our day and show up to pray for the unborn.
6) Movie Night – David C. to champion this idea with Pam S., the Parish’s Events Co-ordinator
7) Holy League Sep.1 – Martial Arts – Guys who are interested in going should let me know so we can organize a car pool to St. Catherine’s in Metcalfe.
8) Ottawa Fury Oct.14/15 – Will let you all know which date in October will be available to see the Ottawa Fury.
9) CHP Candidate – Christian Heritage Party Candidate Running in Ottawa West Nepean for the upcoming Federal Election – Rod Taylor
10) Discussion topic for next meeting The Gift of Faith (last one)11) Next meeting venue September 26
Our October meeting on Oct. 24 will be at St. Catherines of Sienna in Metcalfe 6:30-8:00-meeting // 8:00 – 8:45 – Mass
12) Upcoming events / New Business Cursillo Weekends Fall – Men’s 135th Weekend (November 26th – 29th 2015)
Spring – Men’s 136th Weekend (April 14th – 17th 2016)
13) Gift of Faith Notes
You don’t get because you don’ t ask
Maybe we don’ trust He is God
Gift of humor
– Ridicule satan
– see yourself in appropriate light
– ” I am saved because of my faith”- incredibly selfish way to look at salvation instead of being saved at Baptism by an Act of God.
– Matt- Difficulties (talents?) becoming gifts- hard to accept knowing our trials but if we can let go and submit to His will- redemptive suffering- Talent- learning how to direct the difficulty
-Radicalization- negative term in media left, but Jesus was a radical
-p. 100- You sin because you are so very important
-St. Thomas More- laugh at ourselves- the soul of a child- Humor as evangelization
p. 112- through hardships god’s silence and sbsence is a great risk to god because he might lose the soul- Us!
p. 127- Faith or blasphemy- Black or white no middle ground
p. 161- God loves our soul most when he can strip it- denudation- path towards unity with God