Star Chamber Gig is Up

As many of you know, I’ve been digging into the audio clips from the Warman v. Lemire March 25, 2008 Hearing which featured the testimony of CHRC Spy, Dean Steacy.  I’ve done so largely on a chronological basis. 

Last night, I stumbled on something to be, in my opinion, pretty significant.  How significant, you ask?  Let’s just say “smoking gun” significant.

I have 80% of what I need.  I just need to dig up the remaining 20% to shore up the few loose ends so that the context is available for the general readership.  It might require me taking extraordinary steps to secure this information which I am prepared to do.

I understand now why the Commission’s lawyer in the Lemire case reacted this way:

MR. VIGNA: Sorry. Mr. Chair, I don’t have the flu but I don’t feel in a serene state of mind to proceed with the file today. I don’t feel very well. I feel dizzy, I feel anxiety, and I am not in a serene state of mind to proceed with this file today.  I have a lot of things worrying me right now and I don’t want to elaborate, but my colleague said, Mr. Fine, there are some certain incidents that have occurred which I don’t feel at liberty to elaborate right now, which have had an impact on my ability to proceed in a professional way on this file, at least for today, because I wouldn’t be rendering the Commission a just service by proceeding in this condition. I am not dying, Mr. Chair, I don’t have the flu, but I am not mentally capable of proceeding under these circumstances. (Source)

I am going to do my best to get this out early next week after I get some legal advice.

The gig is up.

INDEX PAGE

4 thoughts on “Star Chamber Gig is Up

  1. Perhaps this little nugget is what the suspense is about??

    quote: but my colleague said, Mr. Fine, there are some certain incidents that have occurred which I don’t feel at liberty to elaborate right now, which have had an impact on my ability to proceed in a professional way on this file,

    What incidents is he refering to parchance??

  2. Well I can only speculate that Mr. Vigna became aware of illegal activity on the part of staff at the CHRC. He may have felt , honourably so, that he could no longer represent the CHRC in light of these revelations. Then again maybe he realized he could find himself disbarred if he towed the company line;) I hope it is our smoking gun and wasn’t simply a means to buy time for the CHRC.

  3. Pingback: SoCon Or Bust » Blog Archive » The Spy Who Shagged My Internet Connection

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Solve : *
15 + 26 =