Catholic Gays and Lesbians
— Friday, April 13, 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm. Sexual Relationships: Where does our morality come from? We will discuss a talk by Bishop Geoffrey James Robinson given at the “From Water to Wine: Lesbian/Gay Catholics and Relationships” symposium. The symposium was organized by New Ways Ministry, “a gay-positive ministry of advocacy and justice for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) Catholics, and reconciliation within the larger Christian and civil communities.” The talk is available here. Please bring a beverage or snack to share. CATHOLIC GAYS AND LESBIANS get together on the second Friday of the month. We live, or aspire to live, in integrity with our gifts of both spirituality and homosexuality. We want to build bridges between gay communities and the Church. We meet to share our faith. For more information, contact SJcglgroup@gmail.com.
Spiritual Seekers Series
— “Intro to the Enneagram” by Russ Hudson. Video presentation of Hudson teaching the spiritual fundamentals of the Heart, Head & Gut types; with our small group discussion. Saturday, April 14, 10 am – 12:30 pm. Location is St. Luke’s Anglican, 760 Somerset St. West. Please RSVP by Wednesday, April 11, by email: email@example.com. All are welcome. Sponsored by St. Joe’s and The Centre for Initiation and Education.
Nothing like being out in the open and proclaiming teachings which are manifestly against the Church’s Faith, along with supporting dissenting groups and renegade bishops. At least, there’s nothing to ferret out any more. It’s out in the open for everyone to see.
1. New Ways Ministry – Condemned by the U.S. Bishops.
2. The Enneagram – Although Bishop De Roo is a “trained teacher” of this New Age technique and will be speaking at an upcoming conference at St. Paul’s University, anyone with a Catholic brain knows this New Age crap is not Catholic.
3. Bishop Geoffrey James Robinson – Too liberal even for Mahony! But, I will give him his due. He’s an honest liberal, which is more than we can say for a goodly number of so-called “conservatives”. He really does get it on the connection between contraception and homosexual unions:
1. There is no possibility whatsoever of a change in the teaching of the Catholic Church on the subject of homosexual acts unless and until there is first a change in its teaching on heterosexual acts;
2. There is a serious need for change in the Church’s teaching on heterosexual acts;
3. If and when this change occurs, it will inevitably have its effect on teaching on homosexual acts.
For the record, I e-mailed the Archdiocese of Ottawa about this. Still have not had a response. It’s been well over a week.
Memo to all bishops on some advice I received from a solid priest about correcting wayward sinners:
“If you don’t correct them, you’re not doing them any favours.”
No kidding, eh? Ouch.