I just wanted to take the time to wish all the Legateers out there in cyberworld a very Merry Christmas and blessed New Year. We’re really going to be up against it in the years to come as society becomes darker and darker. But who cares?! Jesus has already won the war. The rest is just details…except that the details mean everything to our souls and the souls of people who we engage. So, while you have been told that the “Devil is in the details”. That is not true. You are. The feast of the incarnation has united God to man, and has bound us to the baby in Bethlehem. Let us therefore be worthy of that honour and fight for the kingdom gifted to us.
A few announcements as we head into the Christmas season and a New Year….
1) Children of Paraguay Fundraiser: The Children of Paraguay are selling raffle tickets for this beautiful portrait [see below] to raise money to buy medicine for the clinic in Paraguay. The tickets cost $10 each. Raffle ends at the end of January. For more information on the portrait or to buy a ticket, please contact Rosa Frias at childrenofparaguay @ rogers.com.
2) Joy Company Dancers: New videos up at the Company’s YouTube Channel. New promo video for the company can be found here. J.O.Y Company Dancers stands for “Jesus is our Y” and entertains seniors in the Ottawa area. If you know persons who need to be loved and are lonely, contact the Company.
3) CIA – Catholic Intelligence Association: Exposing the scandals and shenanigans of the Ottawa Catholic School Board. Tips and Leads are welcome! You will be kept anonymous!! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The CIA is in alliance with The Fellowship of St Joshua (Joshua is the patron saint of intelligence operatives).
4) Divine Mercy Rosary DVD – Dennis and Angela Girard have released their Divine Mercy Rosary DVD. You can check it out at www.divinemercyrosary.com. You will find a trailer and testimonies there plus a press release about it on the side bar. St. Joseph Communications is now distributing it in the U.S. Aside from it being a wonderful way to pray the Rosary it also is a great “spiritual washing machine” for the mind for men dealing with Pornography issues.
5) National Dementia Strategy – Fellow Legateer Matt Dineen has been leading the charge against the delibitating disease of dimentia. SUPPORT A NATIONAL DEMENTIA STRATEGY: Archbishop Paul-André Durocher, president of the Canadian Conference of Catholic Bishops, is urging support for a national dementia strategy. Parliament will debate a private member’s bill, C-356, An Act for a National Dementia Strategy early in 2015. Alzheimer’s and related dementia diseases afflict 750,000 Canadians and their caregivers. C-356 calls for increasing funding for research, promoting earlier diagnosis and intervention, strengthening the integration of primary, home and community care, enhancing skills and training of the dementia workforce, and improving support for caregivers. Contact your local Member of Parliament to show your support; Office of the Prime Minister (email@example.com); the Health Minister (Rona.Ambrose@parl.gc.ca).
6) Legionnaires of St. Maurice – Catholic Mens Group: As I have been mentioning to many of you over the past several months, I want to explore the possibility of starting a men’s group. This is merely an exploratory endeavour at this point, as I want to see what kind of response is out there. So I am proposing to have a couple of evenings in January (Thurs.Jan.22 and Sat. Jan.24) to show a very moving testimony by a modern-day Job.
I realize that all of us are very busy, and the last thing we need is another group to commit to. However, I am absolutely convinced that God is calling Catholic men to step up to the plate. As someone who has been involved in activism for 11 years, I can confidently tell you that political and social efforts are good, but they are wholly insufficient to deal with the challenges the Church and our families are facing. We need something more fundamental. We need a movement of Catholic men which draws in our fallen away brothers. I’ve backed off doing activism for over a year now (not voluntarily, mind you, but God works in mysterious ways!), and in so doing have developed a deeper prayer life.
Through this time, I have become absolutely convinced that the way of revival and cultural renewal starts with Catholic men. Catholic men are the first domino. Knock that domino down…and everything falls into place and all of the garbage we face simply vanishes. Catholic men keep families together…and when families stay together, almost all of the social ills and disorders we face simply melt away. And furthermore, I am convinced that such a movement would be one of the greatest evangelizing forces the Church has ever known.
I believe that the Holy Spirit is calling us. I’ve talked to other guys and they feel the same pull. In fact, just a few days ago, I came across this video….
from this website
So, if you are interested, please let me know which date works (Jan.22 or 24) for you so I can manage the numbers.
Legionnaires of St. Maurice