In April 2005, John organized one of the biggest mass rallies in Canadian history on Parliament Hill to support the existing definition of marriage. The March for Marriage and Freedom was held on April 9, 2005 and drew between 15,000 and 20,000 people, featuring some of the most prominent politicians and social conservative activists in Canada.
- National Post Corrects Erroneous Reporting of Crowd Size at Marriage Rally
- March for Marriage draws 15,000-20,000
- John Pacheco’s Opening Speech to March for Marriage & Freedom Rally [Video]
- John Pacheco’s Opening Speech to March for Marriage & Freedom Rally [Text]
- Dr. Doug Farrow’s Speech to March for Marriage & Freedom Rally [Audio]
- “Count the Cost” National Post Card Campaign in Defense of Traditional Marriage (05.04)