Folks, you’ll remember how Development & Peace was funding pro-abort groups in the Philippines before they were busted. (Check out exhibits A, B, & C). (Actually, Development & Peace is still funding anti-family groups despite what the CCCB or Development & Peace tell you. You’ll learn more about that early next month, by the way.)
In regards to the Philippines, it’s about the “Reproductive Health Bill” in front of their legislature. Recently, I updated Socon or Bust readers on our involvement in this whole development here. A friend of mine recently sent me a link from the Filipino Bishops’ Conference which directly addresses the government’s vicious attacks on the sanctity of human life. If you have never heard a group of bishops really teach the Catholic faith, if you have never seen how a group of bishops should behave when confronted by tyrannical governments, if you think that it’s just not possible for a group bishops to grow a pair…well…check this out…because there is hope!
In the light of the above, we express our clear objections:
1. We object to the non-consideration of moral principles, the bedrock of law, in legislative discussions of bills that are intended for the good of individuals and for the common good.
2. We are against the anti-life, anti-natal and contraceptive mentality that is reflected in media and in some proposed legislative bills.
3. We object strongly to efforts at railroading the passage of the RH bill.
4. We denounce the over-all trajectory of the RH bill towards population control.
5. We denounce the use of public funds for contraceptives and sterilization.
6. We condemn compulsory sex education that would effectively let parents abdicate their primary role of educating their own children, especially in an area of life – sexuality – which is a sacred gift of God. (Source)
I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to read such language as “object“, “denounce“, “condemn“. I tell you most solemnly that it’s music to my ears.
For 40 years, all we’ve heard in Canada, however, is the exact opposite. The language that we get fed is the milksop, diplomatic baloney and spin that typically follows from progressive churchspeak. The pink propaganda and limp wristedness of our Canadian leaders has made us all spiritual and social eunuchs.
That’s why priests like Raymond Gravel run wild in Canada, spewing their moral and doctrinal heresy all around the Church…with little to no true consequences for their conduct.
Dad’s out getting stoned on social justice so there’s no one to bring down some discipline in the house.
The Canadian Church is the wild West of the Catholic Church. Say what you want. Be what you want. Sue who you want. And there’s nothing any bishop will do about it. No confrontation. No responsibility. No discipline. And no hope. We’re all just one big, stoned family.
If you’re a priest reading this and you become bishop one day, take a good long look at the men who currently occupy the Sees in Canada. And, for the love of God, don’t be like them. Please. We simply cannot afford it anymore.