Here are some interesting facts about the CHRC:
The Canadian Human Rights Tribunal
Active and Past cases: 46
Cases the tribunal ruled on: 37
Total complaints received by CHRC: 100
· NOT A SINGLE respondent have ever won a section 13 case before the tribunal.
· 98% of cases have poor or working class respondents
· 90.7% of respondents are not represented by lawyers
· So far, $93,000 has been awarded in fines and special compensation since 2003.
· 35 respondents have lifetime speech bans (Cease and Desist) orders and if not followed the victims could face up to 5 years in prison.