Try this to kick-start your spiritual growth this Lent:
- Pick one vice you struggle with. Just one.
- Identify the opposite virtue (e.g. selfishness/generosity).
- Each day, endeavour to fight that vice and practice that virtue.
- Write down the vice/virtue in several places (fridge, desk, screensaver, wallpaper).
- Whenever you see it, say a prayer and renew your effort.
- Each night, review how well you did that day. Give thanks for the successes and ask pardon for the failures.
- Each Sunday of Lent, assess if you’ve made progress from the previous week.
The spiritual masters recommend tackling one vice at a time.
We’re wasting our time when we try to tackle them all at once.
Try this plan and watch God work!