It was disgusting enough that Justin Trudeau was invited to speak several times at Catholic schools in recent years, but now we learn that Catholic institutions were paying big bucks in speaker fees to Trudeau — fees that came from our Catholic tax dollars, also known as education property taxes. That makes you and me the useful idiots once again. Will it ever stop?
OTTAWA, June 20, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – From 2006 to 2010, Liberal leader Justin Trudeau took in $82,500 in speaking fees from Catholic organizations, according to records he released earlier this year.
Here is the full breakdown, as reported by the Ottawa Citizen:
- April 20, 2006 – Ontario Catholic School Trustees Association. $7,500
- May 17 & 18, 2007 – Niagara Catholic District School Board. $15,000
- February 5, 2008 – Peterborough Victoria Northhumberland Clarington Catholic School Board. $10,000
- February 9, 2008 – Ontario English Catholic Teachers Association. $10,000
- May 21, 2008 – Notre Dame Catholic Secondary School. $10,000
- November 6, 2009 – Waterloo Catholic District School Board. $15,000
- May 7, 2010 – Algonquin & Lakeshore Catholic District School Board. $15,000 (Source)
If you do the math, you’ll see that four events were hosted by Catholic school boards and one by a Catholic high school. Those five events add up to $65,000 of our tax money. And these numbers don’t include travel and other related expenses. They’re purely the speaker’s fees.
Those are tax dollars that we entrusted to our schools for the education of our children, not for teachers and principals to bring in a politician who serves as a horrible example to our kids.
Maybe we should start a revolt and ask the school boards for a refund of these misused tax dollars. What do you think?